Many people are fixated on the classical training program: 8-10 exercises / 2-4 sets / 15-20 repetitions. We do not deny its effectiveness, but, people, add variety to the training process – this is useful for both physics and the psyche. Interval training is great.
HIIT Principle – Low Intensity Cardio + Killer Workout
Interval training is the alternation of a medium-intensity load (rest phase) with a high-intensity load (load phase) in equal time intervals.
- Duration of the rest phase = duration of the load phase = 2 to 10 minutes. The duration of the resting phase can be increased or decreased depending on the preparation.
The intensity of the load determines the pulse: the higher it is, the higher the intensity, and vice versa.
Hiit Heart Rate
Heart rate during exercise = 60-80% of MCHP (maximum heart rate: 220 minus your age)
Heart rate during rest = 40-50% of MCHP (maximum heart rate: 220 minus your age)
- The number of repetitions in strength exercises does not matter since we monitor the intensity by pulse.
3 types of interval training:
combination of power (anaerobic) and cardio (aerobic) load,
- cardio interval training,
- strength interval training.
Metabolic Training Goal
Yes: keeping fit, losing weight (fat burning), increasing strength and endurance.
No: muscle gain.
An Example Of Upper Body Hiit Workout
- Lunges 3 minutes
- Track Run 3 minutes
- Push-ups 3 minutes
- Running on the track 3 minutes
- Pullups 3 minutes
- Running on the treadmill 3 minutes
- The number of cycles (cycle = rest phase + load phase) depends on the level of training and can vary from 4 to 10.
Example Of Low Impact Hiit
- Squat 3 minutes (high heart rate zone) hardy.
- Raise the pelvis in the bridge to the buttocks for 3 minutes (low heart rate zone)
- Lunges 3 minutes (high heart rate zone)
- Leg curls with a light weight of 3 minutes (low heart rate zone)
- Deadline 3 minutes (high heart rate zone)
- Leg breeding 3 minutes (low pulse zone)
- Exercise bike at a high pace 3 minutes
- Exercise bike at a slow pace 3 minutes
Ways to diversify the workout and increase the load.
|Do not go in cycles on a treadmill – use a stepper, skipping rope, ellipse, rowing machine, jump on barefoot or practice jumping ligaments.|
|Try in the interval in isolation to work on only one muscle or group of muscles – this is difficult.|
|Take the risk in the interval to perform exercises in a circular system – this is generally tin.|
|Increase weight to increase the intensity of the workout, but do not forget that it is all about endurance, and not about gaining weight, which requires large weights.|
|Increase the duration of the load phase in relation to the duration of the rest phase, but do not exceed 10 minutes.|
Time Efficient Exercise Periodicity
2 times a week is enough, since the training is quite intense.
In a day, it’s permissible, but let the muscle groups recover.
Once a week / 2/3 / month – for a change.
Hiit With Weights – Contraindications
Interval training is a rather serious load, therefore they are contraindicated for people suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system.