Last Updated on
Here is an intense 1-month push up challenge for men that will help grow your arms and chest muscles, and increase your overall strength.
Press the month for 100 times a day. This is what will happen to your body after this
Can a hundred push-ups replace the gym, develop strength and increase muscle mass?
Editor-in-Chief Buzzfeed Sam Stryker (Sam Stryker) was inspired by a video in which several of his colleagues went through a fitness test and pushed out a hundred times a day for a month.
Sam was in good physical shape: he is a competing dianabol before and after swimmer and trains in the pool 4-6 times a week. However, with age, maintaining a form requires more workload and greater cash investment: the cost of a season ticket to the gym, a personal trainer or fitness courses.
Unlike the gym, push up challenge for men is free and do not require much time. Sam decided to check whether they can become a worthy replacement for the gym, increase strength and muscle mass.
The right technique
Before starting his fitness test, Sam Stryker consulted a certified trainer Astrid Swan (Astrid Swan) and received several tips:
- The main mistake of beginners is relaxed muscles of back and torso. When you wring out, the muscles of the body must be stiff, as during the holding of the bar.
- Start with 10 sets of 10 repetitions – that’s enough.
- If you feel that you can do more, increase the number of repetitions in the approach to 15-20, and if you feel pain in the muscles, you can reduce them to five.
- If 100 push-ups seems to be an unreal number, you can start at 20. In addition, you can perform push-ups from the knees, if the total is not yet obtained.
- Concentrate on the exercise and your feelings. Stop immediately if you feel pain.
- The right technique is of great importance. If your exercises only remotely resemble push-ups, do not waste time: mistakes in technology can result in injury.
- It also matters when the push-ups are done. If you are a lark and feel good in the morning, try to do most of the push-ups before dinner, while you are still full of energy.
What prevents to finish the test
Somewhere in the middle of a fitness test, Sam began to do less and less push-ups in the morning, leaving them for later. Sometimes after supper he realized that he had not done more than half of the push up challenge for men. In general, his motivation began to decline, and it took a lot of effort to force himself to continue.
What can stop you from completing the test:
- Muscle pain. If your body is not accustomed to such loads, the muscles will ache, and not for the first few days, but much longer.
- At the end of the day, when you are tired and have exhausted the reserves of willpower, getting yourself to push yourself will be much more difficult.
- Feeling that you cope with the test and become stronger and better, will not come at once. It may take more than two weeks.
What helps to last
Despite the difficulties, Sam did not miss a single day and not a single 30 day challenge for men. In the process, he came up with a few chips that helped to hold out:
- Small quests with awards. Reward yourself for every approach: made 10 push-ups – you can eat a chocolate bar, 10 more – watch the show.
- Reminders on the phone. Put reminders for every hour: “Make a ten”, “Let’s push it”, “Press off well” and so on. So you will not forget about your fitness test and do not leave all the hundred for the evening.
- Push-ups in any place. During the day you can work out in the gym, at home, at work. At first, it may be a little strange to push yourself in front of colleagues, but then everyone will get used to it and you will not care.
- Posts in social networks. Sam posted photos and videos of his test on social networks and received many messages from friends and strangers. His example inspired many people to try themselves and try to push it off for a month. Try to cover your test in social networks: every positive comment will motivate you to continue push up challenge for men.
Professional Grip Tips
- When you do push-ups, the muscles of the body should be stiff, as when holding the bar.
- Start with 10 sets of 10 reps – that’s enough.
- If you feel that you can do more, increase the number of repetitions in the approach to 15–20, and if you feel muscle pain, you can reduce them to five.
- If 100 push-ups seems to you an unrealistic figure , you can start with 20. In addition, you can perform push-ups from the knees if the full ones are not yet obtained.
- Listen to your body – immediately stop if you feel pain.
- The right technique is of the utmost importance. If your exercises only remotely resemble push-ups, do not waste time.
- Consider your biorhythms when drawing up a push-up schedule benefits of anavar. If you are an early bird, try to do most of the push ups before lunch.
What do you get from the test
Sam noticed the results of the fitness test only by the end of the third week. The muscles continued to hurt, but he began to feel stronger and muscular. In addition, its performance in swimming has improved.
Here are a few advantages that you will get when you pass the test:
Muscle mass will increase. The chest, shoulders, the press and back are pumped most of all.
Improved performance in sports, especially if it is actively involved in the hands. For example, in swimming, strength training.
Self-esteem will rise. If you survive a 30-day trial, be sure to be proud of yourself.
Nowadays everybody is used to quick results and they want to feel benefits instantly, however this test takes time.
Do not stop, and in the end you will surely feel like a superhero.